Sohila Sahib and Tav Prasad Savaiye Recital
Saturday, September 24th, 2016
The G.N.F.A Dharmik Committee invites all youth to participate in the Sohila Sahib and Tav Prasad Savaiye Recital to be held from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Gurudwara Sahib.
Guidelines for various age groups are as follows: [Read more…]
Khalsa School – Fall Semester Registration
IS OPEN FOR:
- Pre-K; (Age 4 as of Sept 30th)
- Elementary School; (Grades 1 to 5)
- Middle School; (Grades 6 & 7)
- HS Gurmat class; and
- Panjabi for All (Adult Class)
- Music Class: Tabla and Dilrubas ($10 per class)
SCHOOL REGISTRATION On: August 7, 14, 21 and 28 [Read more…]
Thakur Singh Scholarship – 2016
1. GNFA is pleased to announce The 2016 Thakur Singh Scholarship that provides need-based financial support in the amount of $2,000 to students of GNFA community pursuing graduate or professional education. The Amar Kartar Foundation established the scholarship to honor the memory and contributions of Thakur Singh.
2. Please read the attached compliance criteria and submit the application form no later than August 13, 2016. A panel of Judges will interview and pick up the candidate on Saturday, August 20th. The Scholarship will be presented on Sunday, August 21st in the afternoon Diwan.
3. For more information, please contact: Gajinder Singh, at 410-740-1225 (H); 410-370-3684 (C)
– Gajinder Singh
- GNFA is pleased to announce its 2016 Youth Merit Award of $2,000 to a College bound HS Senior. Please read the attached compliance criteria and submit the application form no later than July 17, 2016.(You may handover your application to Gajinder Singh on Sunday, July 17th in Room #3 between 10:00 AM to 12:00 noon) Please Attach the following supporting Documents:
- Letter from college of admission
- GPA Score
- SAT Score
- One page write up of community service and participation in: (a) GNFA and (b) outside of GNFA
- On Saturday, July 23rd, you will write a 500 words, extempore, Sikhi related essay, and a panel of Judges will interview and pick up the Merit Award Winner. Winner will be announced in the afternoon Diwaan of July 24th.
- GRARDUATES RECOGNITION: GNFA will also recognize all 2016 High School and College graduates of GNFA Community onJuly 24th in the afternoon Diwaan (your presence is required). Please reply this e-mail and forward your name to Gajinder Singh ASAP.
For more information, please contact:
See Attachment on:
Sadh sangat ji,
You are invited to attend the 12th Annual Washington Capital Sikh Youth Kirtan Sammelan on Saturday, May 28th at Guru Nanak Foundation of America from 10 am to 6:30 pm. 25 youth jathas from several gurdwaras will perform shabads in their prescribed raags to the accompaniment of traditional instruments.
Live webcast at passionfortruthtv.com and sikhfreepress.org.
The dress code for GNFA jathas is: [Read more…]
Please fill out camp_virsa_2016 Application form
The dharmik committee of Guru Nanak Foundation of America extends its warm invitation to sadh sangat to participate in the 12th Annual Washington Capital Youth Kirtan Sammelan to be held at GNFA on Saturday, May 28, from 9:30 am-6:30 pm. The goal of this sammelan is to encourage our youth to sing shabad-pardhan gurbani kirtan incorporating traditional elements like mangalacharan and shaan, to the accompaniment of Sikh heritage instruments like rabab, saranda, dilruba, taus, sarangi and jori.
The rules and guidelines, judging criteria and registration form are attached. Please note that a Best Percussion Award in each age category has been instituted starting this year. Another change is that Layakari may be performed in place of Taan if so desired. Please note these changes in items 7, 8 and D of the Judging Criteria Sheet. Please also note the addition since last year of a new age group of 19-25 year old participants, in addition to the 7-10, 11-14, and 15-18 year old age groups (age on Dec 31, 2015).