Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,
Waheguru ji ki Fateh!
Sadh Sangat ji,
Hola Mahala Hangama on Sunday, March 12, 2pm to 4pm at Marilyn Praisner Community Center in Burtonsville
Dear Sadh Sangat ji,
The Young Khalsa Girls (YKG) have organized an afternoon of family bonding, food (chai and pakodas) and games (bingo) for the elders in our community. This is a FREE event for all. The event is called Hola Mahala Hangama is held on a Sunday, March 12, 2pm to 4pm at Marilyn Praisner Community Center in Burtonsville. This is 5 minutes from GNFA. Free rides from GNFA parking lot will be provided from 1:30pm onwards to the event. Please text/call contact 443 629 0794 to arrange a free ride.
All families are welcome to bring their elders to this event. There is no hidden agenda, the only goal of YKG is to have our youth BOND with the elders in our community, and have a family fun day. To give back a little of their time to the elders (grandparents) who have given them so much. Please grace this event with your presence, it will mean a lot to us. We need everyones support. Most of all the elders in our community deserve this special day just for them.
We continue with our tradition of remembering the four Sahibzades of Guru Gobind Singhji: Sahibzada Ajit Singhji, Sahibzada Jujhar Singhji, Sahibzada Zorawar Singhji, Sahibzada Fateh Singhji and Mata Gujri ji in the month of December. These young sons of Guru Gobind Singhji are a great Inspiration for our children as their love and sacrifice for sikhi remind us who we are and our proud heritage.
Register for the event asap as the response from past years have been overwhelming.
For participation in any of the categories: Speech or Kavita (2-3 mins) and Shabad (8-10 mins)
For registration we will need your child’s name, age and title of the speech, shabad or kavita
You may look-up internet youtube, sikh phulvari issues or contact : Harjeet Singh
Participants from Maryland, Washington DC and Virginia are invited to join us:
On 25th DEC, Sunday at GNFA , Silver Spring from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
Sohila Sahib and Tav Prasad Savaiye Recital
Saturday, September 24th, 2016
The G.N.F.A Dharmik Committee invites all youth to participate in the Sohila Sahib and Tav Prasad Savaiye Recital to be held from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Gurudwara Sahib.
Guidelines for various age groups are as follows: [Read more…]
Khalsa School – Fall Semester Registration
IS OPEN FOR:
- Pre-K; (Age 4 as of Sept 30th)
- Elementary School; (Grades 1 to 5)
- Middle School; (Grades 6 & 7)
- HS Gurmat class; and
- Panjabi for All (Adult Class)
- Music Class: Tabla and Dilrubas ($10 per class)
SCHOOL REGISTRATION On: August 7, 14, 21 and 28 [Read more…]
Thakur Singh Scholarship – 2016
1. GNFA is pleased to announce The 2016 Thakur Singh Scholarship that provides need-based financial support in the amount of $2,000 to students of GNFA community pursuing graduate or professional education. The Amar Kartar Foundation established the scholarship to honor the memory and contributions of Thakur Singh.
2. Please read the attached compliance criteria and submit the application form no later than August 13, 2016. A panel of Judges will interview and pick up the candidate on Saturday, August 20th. The Scholarship will be presented on Sunday, August 21st in the afternoon Diwan.
3. For more information, please contact: Gajinder Singh, at 410-740-1225 (H); 410-370-3684 (C)
– Gajinder Singh