Last year this Punjabi Mela was attended by more than *** 7,000 *** people, with families and children. A few pictures of last year’s Mela can be viewed at: www.apnaorg.com/articles/punjabi-mela/
All Gurdwaras of the Washington DC area will conduct a joint Amrit Sanchar at GNFA Gurdwara Sahib at 6 AM on April 14th.
Please contact Bhai Jagmohan Singh ji at 301 3842133 and/or Bhai Gurdarshan Singh ji at 301 332 2323.
Jaswinder Singh, to perform Kirtan at GNFA on April 4, 2012 from 8:30pm to 9:00pm.
He will also be performing on April 6, 2010 at the Sheraton Premiere in Tysons Corner.
Nirvair Sewak Jatha of Maryland & Samooh Saadh Sangat of VA/DC
Vishesh Kirtan Darbaar
Saturday (evening), the 18th Febuary, 2012 at Gurdwara Guru Nanak Foundation of America (GNFA)
- 7.15 PM – 7.40 PM : Path Rehraas Sahib Ji
- 7.40 PM – 8.05 PM : Aarti – Kirtan – Bhai Maan Singh Ji
- 8.05 PM – 8.25 PM : Kirtan – Bhai Jagmohan Singh, Harvinder Singh Ji of GNFA
- 8.25 PM – 8.32 PM : Kirtan – S. Neonidh, Japnith, Arjun & Ronak Singh Ji
- 8.32 PM – 8.40 PM : Kirtan – Bibi Sehajleen Kaur & Jasjot Singh Ji
- 8.40 PM – 8.47 PM : Kirtan – Bibi Harleen Kaur & Hargeet Kaur Ji
- 8.47 PM – 8.55 PM : Kirtan – S.Japjyot Singh & Rabir Singh Goomer Ji
- 8.55 PM – 9.03 PM : Kirtan – S. Nihal Singh & Kunal Singh Ji of Virginia
- 9.03 PM – 9.10 PM : Kirtan – Bibi Preet Kaur & Sahib Singh of Virginia
- 9.10 PM – 9.18 PM : Kirtan – S.Harpreet Singh, Jaspreet Singh & Priya Kaur Ji
- 9.18 PM – 9.25 PM : Kirtan – S.Surjeet, Nirjeet & Manpreet Singh Ji
- 9.25 PM – 9.32 PM : Kirtan – Gursimarjit Singh & Amitesvarjit Singh Ji
- 9.32 PM – 9.47 PM : Kirtan – S.Amarpreet Singh, Prabhleen Kaur Ji
- 9.47 PM – 10.00 PM : Kirtan – Soni Kaur & Gurpreet Singh Ji
- 10.00 PM –10.10 PM : Kirtan – Bibi Harvinder Kaur Sethi Ji
- 10.10PM – 10.20 PM : Kirtan – S. Surinder Singh Ji of Virginia
- 10.20 PM – 10.30 PM : Kirtan – Bibi Kulwinder Kaur Ji
- 10.30PM – 10.45 PM : Kirtan – S. Parminder Singh & Hardeep Singh Ji
- 10.45 PM – 11.00 PM : Kirtan – S. Gurdeep Singh Ji of GHISS, MD
- 11.05 PM : Ardaas – Samapati of Vishesh Kirtan Darbar followed by Guru – Ka – Langar
This Vishesh Kirtan Darbar is organized with the co-operation of the Management Committees & Smooh Saadh Sangat of Guru Nanak Foundation of America (GNFA), Guru Gobind Singh Foundation of America (GGSF) and Guru Harkrishan Institute of Sikh Sutdies, MD (GHISS)
REQUEST : All the Jathas that are performing in the Vishesh Kirtan Darbar are requested to please take care of time of the Program and also fully participate in the Program and sit in the Gurdwara Sahib Diwan Hall ONLY not sit in the Langar Hall or Stand in the way to the Diwan Hall.
See the following PDF for additional information.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khasa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh. We are celebrating Bandi Chhor Divas on Wednesday October 26, 2011
The Program Schedule is as follows:
Rehraas Sahib: 7:30-8:00
Kirtan: Raag Rattan Jatha 8:00-8:30
Kirtan: Guest Jatha 8:30-9:00
Kirtan: Bhai Jugmohan Singh & Bhai Harmohan Singh 9:00- 9:30
What is Bandi Chhor Divas?
Bandi Chorh Diwas is a day on which Guru Hargobind Sahib, the sixth Guru, was released with 52 Rajas from Gwalior Prison. The word “Bandi” is translated from Punjabi into English as “Imprisoned” (or “Prisoner”), “Chhor” as “Release,” and “Divas” as “Day,” rendering “Bandi Chhor Divas” from Punjabi into English as “Prisoners’ Release Day.”
Please join the Saad Sangat to celebrate this event.
The G.N.F.A Dharmik Committee invites all youth to participate in the upcoming Savaiye and Sohila Sahib Paath Recital.
Date: Saturday 0ctober 29th, 2011
Schedule: Bani Recital 9:30am – 12:00 Noon
To register, please contact:
- Jatinder Dusaj – (410)-551- 8010
- Bhai Jagmohan Singh -(301)-384-213
- Harpreet Kaur- (443)-939-2654
Reminder : For the event to proceed in a timely manner, the committee requests all sevadars and participants to be on time.
Gift cards and Pizza for all participants! All participants will be recognized and will receive gift cards
The Sangat is encouraged to sponsor any amount for this event.
Please see the following Sohila Sahib Paath flyer for additional details.
Rehraas Sahib Recitation When: Saturday, February 25, 2012 Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Contact Harpreet Kaur for details
Anand Sahib Recitation
When: Saturday, December 3, 2011
Time: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- For details (PDF)
The program will be begin at 7:30 PM on Saturday March 12, 2011 and conclude at 4:00 AM on Sunday March 13, 2011.