- GNFA is pleased to announce its 2016 Youth Merit Award of $2,000 to a College bound HS Senior. Please read the attached compliance criteria and submit the application form no later than July 17, 2016.(You may handover your application to Gajinder Singh on Sunday, July 17th in Room #3 between 10:00 AM to 12:00 noon) Please Attach the following supporting Documents:
- Letter from college of admission
- GPA Score
- SAT Score
- One page write up of community service and participation in: (a) GNFA and (b) outside of GNFA
- On Saturday, July 23rd, you will write a 500 words, extempore, Sikhi related essay, and a panel of Judges will interview and pick up the Merit Award Winner. Winner will be announced in the afternoon Diwaan of July 24th.
- GRARDUATES RECOGNITION: GNFA will also recognize all 2016 High School and College graduates of GNFA Community onJuly 24th in the afternoon Diwaan (your presence is required). Please reply this e-mail and forward your name to Gajinder Singh ASAP.
For more information, please contact:
See Attachment on:
Cecilia Muñoz, a senior White House official, will visit GNFA and address the sangat in the Asa Di Vaar divan on Sunday, June 12, at 10:15 am. Ms. Munoz is the President’s Domestic Policy Advisor and the Director of the Domestic Policy Council, which coordinates the domestic policy-making process in the White House.
She will speak on religious inclusion and protection, addressing issues that our salient to our community.
Sadh sangat ji,
You are invited to attend the 12th Annual Washington Capital Sikh Youth Kirtan Sammelan on Saturday, May 28th at Guru Nanak Foundation of America from 10 am to 6:30 pm. 25 youth jathas from several gurdwaras will perform shabads in their prescribed raags to the accompaniment of traditional instruments.
Live webcast at passionfortruthtv.com and sikhfreepress.org.
The dress code for GNFA jathas is: [Read more…]
Bus arrangement will be available from GNFA. Please submit your name for a bus ride at the treasurer’s desk or email Avtar Singh Barring at email@example.com“.