The management of GNFA is thankful to the Sadh Sangat for their generous donation towards the funeral costs incurred for Manpreet Singh Kohli. The total funds raised through the Washington Metropolitan Area were over $8,000. The GNFA Sadh Sangat gave more than $3,500. Manpreet Singh Kohli’s body has been transported to India for cremation by his relatives.
Sadh Sangat ji, please make sure to attend as it is your right and privilege to be part of GNFA and select the trustees who will manage GNFA for the next year and subsequent years. Quorum signing will be conducted from 7:30 AM to 1:00 PM. After the quorum is met, the elections (VOTING) will be conducted from 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM. The results will be announced after the ballots have been counted on March 6, 2011.
New GNFA By-Laws
Approval of the New GNFA By-Laws will also be voted on during the General Body Meeting on March 06, 2011 at 1:00 PM
The program will be begin at 7:30 PM on Saturday March 12, 2011 and conclude at 4:00 AM on Sunday March 13, 2011.
There have been incidents where people at GNFA had some accidents and got hurt. To avoid this our Fire and Safety Engineer has developed some safety procedures and precautions.
- DO NOT OVERLOAD EXTENSION CORDS OR RUN THEM UNDER RUGS
- DO NOT HOOK UP POWER STRIP TO EXTENSION CORDS USED FOR COOKING
- DO NOT USE HEAT PRODUCING SMALL APPLIANCES IN LANGAR HALL AT ANY TIMES (USE IN THE KITCHEN ONLY!!)
- DO NOT USE FRAYED, CRACKED AND DRIED OUT EXTENSION CORD (THROW THEM AWAY IN TRASH)
- KEEP ALL EXITS FREE OF ANY OBSTRUCTIONS AT ALL TIMES
- REPLACE ANY EXIT SIGN BULBS THAT ARE NOT WORKING
- DO NOT LOCK ANY EXIT DOORS AND MAKE SURE THEY OPERATE PROPERLY
- DO NOT USE UTILITY ROOMS FOR ANY STORAGE
- DO NOT USE PROPANE CYLINDERS INSIDE THE GURDWARA AT ANYTIME
- RUN COOL WATER OVER A BURN FOR 10 TO 15 MINUTES (DON’T USE ICE TO COOL OFF THE BURN)
- KEEP PROPANE CYLINDERS SECURE AND IN A SAFE PLACE OUTSIDE WHEN NOT IN USE IN THE GURDWARA
You can download a PDF with this information here.
The Devindar Sidhu Foundation, Inc. intends to provide financial support to a deserving and aspiring Engineering student, preferably a Sikh student. Financial support will cover full tuition and books. Room and board will not be covered as part of this scholarship. Scholarship will only cover 8 semesters over 4 years. Winter and/or summer semesters are not covered unless otherwise agreed to.
- Candidate must be a resident of Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC, or Pennsylvania.
- Candidate must pursue Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, or Architectural Engineering. Other disciplines may be considered but strong preference is given to above disciplines.
- Candidate must keep a ‘B’ average throughout entire 4 years
- Preference is given to students who attend State University in state of residence, except in Pennsylvania where student must attend Penn State.
For additional information contact Manpreet Sidhu at (703) 725-8498 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due Date for application is April 15, 2011.
Download a PDF of this information here.
THE DEVINDAR SIDHU FOUNDATION INC.
c/o SIDHU ASSOCIATES, INC.
Executive Plaza III, Suite 1000 Hunt Valley, MD 21031
There are three age groups: Juniors 7-10 yrs. Intermediates 11-14 yrs. Seniors 15-18 yrs. (Age as on December 31, 2010). It is permissible to participate in an age group older than yours, but not in one that is younger. Each Jatha must have a minimum of two vocalists and one tabla player.
Bhai Sahib Jugmohan Singh ji s will be teaching 45 minute classes starting Monday, February 14 at GNFA. Please indicate your 1st and 2nd preference for a weekly time slot. Monday or Tuesday or Thursday at 5:15 pm – 6:00 pm or 6:00 pm – 6:45 pm or 6:45 pm – 7:30 pm
Please sign up by emailing Harsharan Kaur at email@example.com or at (410)-480-4826 or by giving your name to Bhai Sahib Jugmohan Singh Ji.
Please include names of all Jatha members, preferred time slot, phone no. and email address. Please sign up as soon as possible.
Saturday April 9, 2011
The renowned Ragi Jatha of Sant Anoop Singh Ji – Una Sahib Wale – will be visiting the Baltimore/Washington area this coming weekend – Friday, January 14 through Sunday January 16.
Programs are as follows:
- Friday January 14, 2011 – evening Diwan at Guru Nanak Foundation of America,
- Saturday January 15, 2011 – special Diwan at Guru Nanak Foundation of America on Saturday evening from 4PM To 5.30PM
- Saturday January 15, 2011 – evening Diwan at Baltimore Gurdwara Sahib
- Sunday January 16, 2011 – afternoon Diwan at Guru Gobind Singh Foundation, Rockville Maryland
GNFA proudly presents the 2011 Cultural Program. An evening of full of Bhangra, Giddah, Punjabi Folk Dance, Delicious Food, and more. All proceeds go to GNFA.
Date and Time
Saturday March 19, 2011
3PM – 9PM
High Point High School
3601 Powder Mill Road
Beltsville, Maryland 20705
View Larger Map
- Avtar Barring, P.R.O: 443-496-2771
- Kunwar S. Goomer, Secretary: 240-401-3066
- Bobby Bahra, Coordinator: 202-669-4281
The G.N.F.A Dharmik Committee invites all youth to participate in the upcoming Anand Sahib Paath Recital on Saturday January 22, 2011. Gift cards and Pizza for all participants! All participants will be recognized and will receive gift cards
Reminder : For the event to proceed in a timely manner, the committee requests all sevadars and participants to arrive on time.
Guidelines for various age groups
|Group 1||First 2 Pauris of Anand Sahib||3-5 Years|
|Group 2||First 5 Pauris of Anand Sahib||6-8 Years|
|Group 3||First 15 Pauris of Anand Sahib||9-11 Years|
|Group 4||First 25 Pauris of Anand Sahib||12-14 Years|
|Group 5||Complete Anand Sahib||15 Years and Up|
Bani Recital 9:30am – 12:00 Noon
The Sangat is encouraged to sponsor any amount for this event.
To register, please contact:
- Jatinder Dusaj – (410)-551- 8010
- Bhai Jagmohan Singh – (301)-384-213
- Sarabjeet Kaur – (240)-264-7912