There have been incidents where people at GNFA had some accidents and got hurt. To avoid this our Fire and Safety Engineer has developed some safety procedures and precautions.
- DO NOT OVERLOAD EXTENSION CORDS OR RUN THEM UNDER RUGS
- DO NOT HOOK UP POWER STRIP TO EXTENSION CORDS USED FOR COOKING
- DO NOT USE HEAT PRODUCING SMALL APPLIANCES IN LANGAR HALL AT ANY TIMES (USE IN THE KITCHEN ONLY!!)
- DO NOT USE FRAYED, CRACKED AND DRIED OUT EXTENSION CORD (THROW THEM AWAY IN TRASH)
- KEEP ALL EXITS FREE OF ANY OBSTRUCTIONS AT ALL TIMES
- REPLACE ANY EXIT SIGN BULBS THAT ARE NOT WORKING
- DO NOT LOCK ANY EXIT DOORS AND MAKE SURE THEY OPERATE PROPERLY
- DO NOT USE UTILITY ROOMS FOR ANY STORAGE
- DO NOT USE PROPANE CYLINDERS INSIDE THE GURDWARA AT ANYTIME
- RUN COOL WATER OVER A BURN FOR 10 TO 15 MINUTES (DON’T USE ICE TO COOL OFF THE BURN)
- KEEP PROPANE CYLINDERS SECURE AND IN A SAFE PLACE OUTSIDE WHEN NOT IN USE IN THE GURDWARA
You can download a PDF with this information here.